Cameras for fauna monitoring
Outdoor trail cameras are used for many fauna monitoring purposes, such as:
- Native species conservation
- Feral species detection and control
- Observing breeding and other behaviours
- Species detection
- Environmental impact surveys
Outdoor cameras are battery-operated, weather proof, covert and small, making them ideal for fauna monitoring. Our cameras are also widely accepted as being non-intrusive and ethically acceptable* for use with wildlife.
We have had fauna-related enquiries about using cameras to:
- Monitor elephants at African waterholes
- Detect possums in roof cavities
- Document the annual breeding behaviour of freshwater turtles
- Identify native Australian rodent species
- Protect threatened penguin populations from dogs and foxes
Happy to help
We would be happy to talk with you about your unique fauna monitoring requirements.