Wildlife Monitoring is committed to promoting sustainable use of our global environment and its resources through the following..
Each camera you buy through Wildlife Monitoring will contribute towards tree planting projects throughout Australia. These projects are coordinated by Carbon Neutral - an organisation whose mission is to reduce carbon emissions through education and revegetation.
Two types of tree plantings are supported:
- biodiversity plantings
- oil mallee plantings
We are committed to purchasing trees in proportion to camera sales and will fund plantings on an annual or more frequent basis.
Museum of Animal Perspectives
"The Museum of Animal Perspectives (M.A.P.) collects and displays wildlife imagery that has been captured using remote sensing cameras. Through the presentation and interpretation of this imagery, the M.A.P. endeavors to expand the public's capacity to empathize with
animals and plants."
At Wildlife Monitoring we believe it is important to promote public awareness of the plight of wildlife and the environment. The Museum's novel approach for promoting remote camera footage in particular also appeals to us and we are proud to support the Museum of Animal Perspectives through funding web hosting costs.
Sustainable business practices
Wildlife Monitoring aims to reduce its impact on the environment through the following specific office practices:
- Paperless office - we strive to operate with zero usage of paper printouts: our invoices and quotes are delivered electronically, and payment advices can be delivered to us electronically.
- Recycled paper usage - where we do need to use paper (such as on our address labels) we use recycled paper wherever possible
- Open dialogue - we welcome your feedback on other ways we can have a positive impact on the environment, and we will continue to review our practices and seek out new ways to help make a difference.
Green web hosting
The Wildlife Monitoring website is hosted with a provider that funds 130% of their power and cooling energy usage with green windfarm energy.
This means that:
- For 100% of the energy used to power their servers, they pay for green energy to be produced;
- For 100% of the energy used to cool their servers, they pay for green energy to be produced;
- Further, they pay for an additional 30% of green energy to be produced.